Tuesday, January 1, 2008

mandatory recollection of the past year and feelings about the year to come

Warning: this post will probably be border being sentimental.

2007 was one of the more important years for me thus far. So much changed in such a short period of time. It was such a tremendous mix of situations that were complete shit, learning experiences, personal growth, and all that other good stuff.

My "early life crisis" finally came to an end, and I started to appreciate everything a lot more. And there isn't really much else that I could have asked for.

I got to know some aquaintances better, met some cool new people, and managed to become better friends with just about everyone else I already knew (or at least it felt that way).

Obviously I would be lying if I said everything about 2007 was perfect, but even the things that I would have rather not happened (i.e.: moving, that thing with the mushroom farm, and that thing I stole... and a bunch of other things that everyone has probably heard about 5000 times) were still important, and still a part of what made the whole year so great.

New years was sort of a dissapointment this year. Maybe I had too high of hopes for it in the first place, but as of now I'm just hoping it wasn't foreshadowing what the rest of 2008 is going to be like. Though, I would also be lying if I said that I felt like this year was going to be everything I hoped for. The time until I move is winding down, and I'm entering my senior year and am going to have to start worrying about things like college and whether I'm going to come back to PA/DE.


My blog has turned into me complaining instead of trying to be funny, and thus I no longer get comments or have anyone compliment it. My ego is so wounded!

Though, the message here is pretty much clear. Nobody likes whiners.

1 comment:

Joe said...

my ego would be wounded too. i definitely noticed a brighter, shinier more willing to open up Alex Tack this year, and I liked him. That's why you have this blog so please keep it up so I'm not the only one?