Wednesday, August 27, 2008

new world observations, extended

There is a path near my house, which sounds familiar, except that other people use it, and to get there you have to walk through roughly half a mile of raging traffic on the street that you turn into my neighborhood from. Walking my dog is a nightmare, and I feel like I should have a sign on my back that says "Hit me if you're drunk!"

About last week my dog came down with kennel cough (it was probably all the pet areas at the rest stops, which are obviously disgusting). I tried to take him for a walk, and in the face of all the oncoming traffic, he starts to gag heavily and cough up gross phlegm-type stuff, and then his leash snaps off along with his identifying tags in the middle of all this chaos. Luckily, Duffer doesn't really process these kinds of things very quickly, so I grabbed him before he realized he could make a run for it.

That's about all that I do with my time now. I have a new student orientation later tonight, where I can sit in a room with mostly freshman and hear about how drug-sniffing dogs are sent through the school and how their teachers and staff are top notch and things like that.

I'm sort of close to getting my license, but not if the Pennsylvania DMV has anything to say about it. I went and took the written test (which is almost 3 times longer than the PA one) and passed, and only needed to have my driving records faxed to Minnesota, and then will be able to take my road test. Naturally, this would be far too easy of a thing for the Pennsylvania DMV, who have seemed to get a really big boner out of inconveniencing me this past year. They don't do faxes, so I have to go online, print a sheet out, fill out it out, mail it to them, and then they will fax my driving record to Minnesota. The only thing is, my permit expires in October, so if I don't pass my road test be then, I'll be fucked.

I think that's about all. Naturally I miss everyone and I have nothing to do except read and sit on the computer or watch shitty movies on HBO, but I start school next week so hopefully some oppurtunities will present themselves (even though I don't really want new friends or to be here in the first place). Woo!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Stringed instruments bore me a little bit but after a while it's just fun to bullshit around sometimes.
have you gotten a mid-western accent yet?