Monday, June 23, 2008

out on the street, they call him dumpstaaah

OMG, best week evar?

Countless great times with friends, meeting a pretty big handful of awesome people including a 35 year-old teacher/poet, smoking upwards of 250 cigarettes over the course of 5 days, waking up every morning drenched in sweat and crawling out of my tent only to fall asleep on a bench a couple feet away, riding everywhere in the bed of a pickup truck, listening to Broken Social Scene and Tegan and Sara about 1000 times, everyone drunkenly writing in Mimi's journal before going to sleep, having a poetry jam on the beach, singing like pirates with guys from the army, poking fun at a skinny guy all week without him knowing, bonfires on the beach every night, bottles of cheap wine, group hugs that usually turned into carrying systems for when we needed to call it a night, playing Apples To Apples when it rained, eating everything with Nutella, southern guys who seemed nice and cool and looked like Heath Ledger but turned into wild animals and made for a really strange night on the beach, jamming on the tamborine and melodica, 90's Pulse dance parties on the beach that got us a lot of awkward stares, climbing up a light house and thinking I was going to die, having every inch of me and everything I own covered in sand, the awful heat and smell in Joe and I's tent, watching Point Break with Dumpster Mike, devouring huge amounts of pizza every time we went out to eat, having Lil' Mase take pictures of everyone without them knowing, really cold showers, bathrooms that smelled terrible, falling asleep all afternoon on the beach...


Really, I could go on-and-on for a pretty long time. It was great. I'm going to miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"wheres alex? I need a picture with alex. i need a hug alex"