Okay, so I haven't actually had any mystical revelations lately. I'm waiting patiently. BUT, I have had a silent battle over an electrical outlet. In an effort to be more enviromentally conscious I have been trying to leave things unplugged and flip off light switches when I leave a room (I have the whole driving thing covered too since I can't parallel park or do much of anything else right when I drive, and thus don't). Conserving energy in my house is like playing ping-pong with yourself in terms of difficulty and fruitlessness. My brother is home, so I've been evicted from his room and placed back in mine with my other brother. Normally when I'm not sharing a room, I leave everything unplugged unless I'm using it (iPod dock, fan, lamp, cell phone charger, etc.), but no one else. Joe leaves the TV on ALL THE TIME. He sleeps with it on, he leaves it on when he goes upstairs for dinner, he leaves it one when he leaves to go get something from Wawa, and pretty much all the time otherwise. Anna leaves her iPod on all the time when she leaves her room. I mean... is it really that much of a strain to turn that shit off? Not even to reduce acid rain and carbon emissions and whathaveyou, but just for the sake of being a reasonable person and not leaving things on when you aren't using them.
So, the electrical outlet. Every time I'm leaving the room, I notice that John left his cellphone charger and fan plugged in (neither of which are usually being used), so I unplug them. The next time I come back to the room, they're plugged back in and not being used. And so the cycle begins.
I'm pretty sure he hasn't noticed this happening, because he would have immedeately voiced this to me, and then said something about how I'm stupid for trying to save energy. Because, you know, things that are extensively researched by people who are experts in their respective fields are wrong because you (and mostly everyone else at Sallies, incidentally) think it just sounds like it's wrong and are lazy and don't like Al Gore. Don't get me wrong, those are all GREAT reasons, but if you don't like the idea of trying to prevent something you think is a hoax you could at least consider that you're driving up the electrical bills and being ridiculously excessive in doing so.
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
shit yeah the pokey feathers! i forgot about that. how terrible!! the only joy i have ever gotten from feather pillows was pulling the feather out when they are sticking out. thanks for your input, alex. great post by the way. its funny cause like, its such a lost cause to be anti-green.
Post a Comment