Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my wrists are feeling much better.

I like running. I do it when it's dark outside. It makes me run faster because I think every parked car with someone inside is some kind of anti-running zealot who has been watching me for weeks and has been planning to throw me into the back seat of their car and take me to Aruba. Also, every once in a while this terrifying German Shepard runs out of the entrance of the woods and chases me down the street. I know who it belongs to, but apparently there's nothing wrong with leaving Cujo's bastard Aryan counsin the run of the the woods and your yard without chaining him up or installing an electrical fence. I mean, even if he isn't actually meaning to attack me, there's only one thing I'm thinking when a huge dog that is known to attack on command is growling and chasing after me.



On another running-related note: For the past month or two I've given in to wearing sweat pants. Something about wearing them makes me uncomfortable. I would have stuck to gym shorts like I always have, but I tried this one day without thinking about how much cold air flows up through gym shorts and boxers. After spending a half hour cupping myself in the shower thinking I was going to die or at least lose the will to live, I decided it was time to submit to the preffered pants of douche bags, athletes, kids under 12, and trashy girls who are bound to become pregnant by the time they leave high school.

Every once in a while it's an exceptionally warm day (I think today is, though I haven't been outside for a while), and I get to bust out my gym shorts again.

Those are always good days.

2 comments:

Joe said...

wow, this was actually like, structured. there was a theme. not that that's what you should always strive for, it was just astoundingly well-executed. i think it's awesome that you run. sarah aument does too.

Ace Ignatius said...

hahaahha

little fun fact; random cars are almost always full of alex tack stealers, out on an innocent run.