Monday, February 11, 2008

I didn't catch the Grammys last night, but it's not that hard to guess how they went. The very few decent artists nominated for anything probably got the shaft in favor of total shit that no one will care about or listen to two years from now.

Point in case: Norah Jones. Who gives a shit about her anymore?


This weekend ended pretty well with spending Sunday at the Gallagher house, and the rest wasn't too bad, either.

Not very many good laws no longer apply to you when you turn 17. Everyone who works at the movie store and theater already thinks I'm 17, so that doesn't really open any new windows for me. Aside from that, I don't think you can do anything new at 17.

Oh well, I always have turning 18 to look forward to. I mean, it's not like age has ever stopped anyone from looking at porn and smoking cigarettes, but once I'm 18 I will be able to enjoy these things constantly (as opposed to just most of the time...). Also, I will be allowed to hold puppies at the pet store without the help of someone who works there, stay out as late as I want, legally leave an orphanage, get arrested and have there be actual consequences, posses a firearm, legally remove myself from my family, go to a strip club, live by myself, vote, change my name to something cool like Popo the Pope Noodle, and buy marijuana pariphenalia. Bada-bing!

1 comment:

Ace Ignatius said...

don't forget;

get a tattoo or body piercing, have sex with people who AREN'T other minors, and drink in practically every country except this one!

and i agree, 17 is just kinda an annoying inbetween age.