Thursday, February 7, 2008

As of about 5:00 this afternoon I am officially free the vice around the metaphorical nuts of my personal choices, i.e. Chuck finally called me back and let me know the good news, i.e. I don't have to call him every Wednesday anymore, i.e. I am no longer on juvenile probation, i.e. I can do as I please under the condition that I don't get caught; and though this is good news, I honestly don't care all that much anymore.

I came to the realization on Saturday night that I've grown out of wanting nothing more than to be stoned all the time. I don't really have anything against people who do (the chances that I'll start again at some point are pretty likely), but in a sense I'm kind of glad that I mostly quit for such a long period of time and sort of managed to get my shit together.

But anyway, today I followed up on the job trail that I previously hit last week, and hopefully I will be getting a call letting me know whether or not I'm hired in the next few days.

On my way over to the grocery store afterward I dropped into Books and Tobbacco to see if the new AP was out (which surprisingly wasn't because I ran out of toilet paper and was desperate). It was a split issue with Tegan and Sara and Against Me!. The guy at the counter told me they didn't carry the magazine, and I decided not to believe him and found it sitting out front near the rest of the music magazines. lol Basically, I payed 5$ for two great articles and roughly 200-some pages of absolute garbage about bands that all had names like Fall Red Burning Horizon or some shit like that. The Against Me! article actually changed my perspective on them in a way. I never denied that I liked New Wave, because I do, but I feel like it cleared a lot of things up in that respect.


Was this entry as good for you as it was for me?

I hope the answer is no, because I feel cold and clammy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you used lol by way

Alex said...

I know.

Ace Ignatius said...

wow you came into my work!
i was caught totally UNAWARES!

yeah i put in a good word for you
they put a little star on your resume or whatever.

Anonymous said...

You are correct two good articles, only tegan and sarah not included, Against ME! and Bosstones, those are the two quality articles. And books and tobacco is where i also picked up this publication.