Boy, do I have a weekend to tell you about! Well, at least a Saturday night. The rest of the weekend I worked, but even that was actually more enjoyable than it sounds. I realized that having someone start to bus tables while I'm already preoccupied with other ones doesn't mean that I'm going too slow, it means that it's busy as fuck and I'm only one person. So I'm considerably less exhausted after work now that I've stopped trying to work so frantically (on Saturday night I started to get pains in my chest and several facefulls of water/milkshake from how fast I was trying to wash dishes during the dinner rush).
So, about Saturday. It's not really much of a secret that I'm sort of a fanboy for Tegan and Sara. I tried not to spoil the concert by using up all my excitement at work, so I kind of put it into the back of my mind and enjoyed the slow business that the afternoon brings and ate lots of Count Chocula and Boo Berries and drank too much coffee. I drove home, watched a few youtube videos and got pumped as fuck.
I'll just skip all the other mundane details. Basically, I can say in full confidence that I have never enjoyed myself at a concert as much as I did that night. It didn't matter that it was in a theater and you were assigned to a seat (everyone stood anyway, but it was still sort of lame), or that my only company was my little sister (not to say that she's a buddy concert buddy, because she's not), but... yeah. I almost got a little depressed just because I realized it was going to be over and I had to go home at some point. It was all I thought about the next day.
I know that sounds kind pathetic, but I would say this is the first time that I've ever seen my absolute favorite band of the moment and was overwhelmingly excited about it (I kind of missed out on this kind of experience back when I was crazy over AFI and the Mars Volta, neither of which I have any desire to see nowadays).
So, yeah. Now I have a five day weekend that's supposed to be for applying to colleges. But I have the house to myself for a few hours, so I stood next to my washing machine wearing nothing but a Michael Meyers mask while I waited for my laundry to be done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
did anyone tell you we met a bunch of girls here that go to your school?
Post a Comment